They are some of the most used items in your house. They get slept on, stepped on, sat on and spilled on. You probably don’t even realize it, but you spend nearly half your life on these guys.
We’re talking about your bed and furniture.
These are the items that, arguably, make your house feel like a home. But while this furniture looks great when it’s new, it takes effort to keep them looking fresh and well-maintained.
If you’re looking to tidy up your home this Spring here’s a great list of cleaning tips that will keep your beds and furniture fresh and well-maintained.
Many of the cleaning techniques for mattresses can also be used for upholstered furniture, with a few key differences:
- Add a few drops of dish soap to your hydrogen peroxide/baking soda mix and stir until it’s fairly sudsy.
- Apply the suds across the whole surface you’re planning on cleaning (instead of just one spot). This helps prevent unsightly water spots from forming after you clean.
- While cleaning, don’t scrub too hard as this may force moisture deep into the cushion. Instead, use a warm cloth to gently clean stains and other dirty areas.
- Be thorough as you scrub, working in small circles radiating outward.
- When you finish, dry immediately by placing a fan in front of the damp surface.
KEEP THEM CLEAN
As you can see, taking care of your mattress and furniture isn’t all that difficult. While some stains may require the work of a professional, most can be taken care of cheaply and efficiently. When you regularly clean furniture it not only looks better, but lasts longer too. All it takes is a little effort and you can keep your bed and sofa fresh and functional for years to come.