If you are wanting to improve your cars appearance, upgrading your rims and wheels is an easy and affordable way to do just that. Rims and wheel seem simple and interchangeable, but there is actually a difference. Over the years they have evolved and now we have a lot of variants with significantly different properties.
Buying car parts shouldn’t cause anxiety or stress, it should be a joyous occasion! Once you understand the pros and cons of each type of material, you’ll know which belongs to your car.
- Most affordable option
- Typically, much stronger and resistant to bending or cracking
- Premier choice for heavy lifters
- Not a DOT-approved model
- Aren’t as good looking
- Heavier material. Means your vehicle needs to work harder in most cases to accelerate and stay moving.
- Great performance and appearance
- Most iconic wheels are made of aluminum
- Light weight but not flimsy or weak
- If you’re on a shoestring budget, the meager price of steel is hard to ignore
- Not as strong. It won’t be able to handle extreme stresses
Hoping to learn more about financing furniture, tires, appliances, and more? Check out these articles to get up to speed.